Thursday, January 13, 2005

Phoenix Lodge Update

This Tuesday, I heard from the newly installed Grand Worshipful Master of the lodge I am petitioning to join. My application had received a priavte objection from a brother. He could not discuss who had objected or what the objections were. The procedure now calls for a sixty day cooling off period, at the end of which the objector can either withdraw or maintain the objection to my membership. I have an idea who is objecting to me, most likely one of the older brothers who I had the heated discourse on world affairs with. The brother who had first signed then withdrew his name from my application told me he would not speak against me when it came time to blackball. I apologized to the brothers who I offended and thought ammends had been made. Now I am unsure whether this is a test to discover my interest and commitment to the craft or just political stonewalling using my weed arrests as an excuse to exclude me...They want me to appear conciliatory and sorry for the mistakes of my past, but the only thing I'm sorry about is that I got caught. I hurt no one and I don't care what the laws say, possessing the dried flowers of a weed is not immoral or wrong. The Great Architect of the Universe must have put it here for some reason, plus Buju Banton says ganja was found in the grave of King Solomon.

No comments:

News

Loading...