Thursday, February 03, 2005

I’m the guerilla in your midst,
situations deep like an abyss,
with this hyperactive vocabulary blitz,
unfamiliar like cinnamon on grits,
all the truth I understand is this,
God lives behind all our faces,
So what a disgrace it is to see
All these racists who still believe in races,
giving power to the labels that divide and displace us,
reactionary like acids and bases,
I’m sick of ignorant complacence,
A new age is dawning, this Aquarius morning,
New thoughts are forming like killer bees swarming,
bruised hearts are longing for something more than
soulless 9-5 until you’re not even alive,
but exploiting dreams is not a means no matter what the end is,
I hope they break me before I bend to fit their Barbie and Ken visions of happiness,
caught up in a trap the moment you kiss,
because if truth is light then society’s the black hole,
and I can’t seem to escape it’s gravitational pull.
So desperate to escape this life without a shape, feeling mentally raped.
Sinking so fast in these sands of time,
losing all my reasons just to find these rhymes.
No shoulders to cry on, no love to survive on, only the lies that go on and on.
So what should I do and to who should I turn,
when the only family I got left is my own sperm.
These seeds of self-destruction mom sowed in my soul,
first I killed her memory then I broke the hoe.
But now those thorny vines have grown deep roots,
the pain became mine as you tasted my fruits.
With the sweet juice dripping down that wicked grin,
drip slipping down your crooked chin,
I feared you though I never feared no men.
You smelled my fear like I smelled your hate,
I could never relate but now it’s far too late.
I was so scared of being bored but now I’m bored of being scared,
I sold the devil my soul and use my father’s instead.
And I lied about not crying about you
and all those things that I’ve tried without you,
while I wore your grin, while I wandered in sin,
wondering how it could have been, how it should have been,
like how it was back then, before I lost my twin
Still I know I’ll see you again, when we meet up in the light at the end…

No comments:

News

Loading...