Thursday, February 03, 2005

sorry just fragments

To Whom it May Concern:

One thing attracted me to freemasonry above all else: the ideals of brotherly love, relief and truth. Most significant to me was my conception of brotherly love, overstanding and acting with the knowledge that every living being is a manifestation of the same energy and matter that links us all inextricably. Stardust and electricity. We are all ultimately of the same father and mother regardless of religious beliefs, skin tone, nationality, ancestry, language or wealth. This is the closest thing I have to a religious belief. It is conceived of in many different ways by many different cultures…the golden rule, karma, indra’s web, quantum mechanics, etc…So I expected to find this practiced in freemasonry. That has not been my experience nor my overstanding through research.

In actuality, freemasonry is divided into separate organizations for white and black masons. While “regular” freemasonry accepts or professes to accept men of all creeds and colors, this is not the practice in every lodge, especially in the southeastern US. Prince Hall Freemasonry does not profess to exclude men who are not of African origin and surely men of many ancestries have become Prince Hall masons, yet my experience was not necessarily welcoming either. As to whether women are included in the universal brotherhood of mankind, I kept my opinions to myself while I spent a year visiting two lodges. I think co-masonry and the O.T.O have it right. There is no universal without half the universe. So, I have come to observe and experience the hypocrisy rampant in freemasonry today. I have heard a group of master masons, who held stations in the lodge I visited, chortle with glee over the idea of “nuking every Islami-fascist in the Middle East” and fume over the “greedy entitlement of people of welfare.” I argued against the collective conservative consensus and the secretary of the lodge, one of those involved in the discussion, withdrew his signature from my petition.

&

I wanted to be in their secret society
So badly
I forgot what was inside of me
Questing when
All the answers I seek,
knowledge centuries deep
encoded in my DNA
dormant and asleep
Ruled by lust and desire
My will still weak
Growing more conscious
Of the illusions I see
Devils surround me
Infraconsciously
The imposter inside
Caged within mind
A spark of the divine
Calls upon I & I
To formulate this rhyme
this moment in time
realized

No comments:

News

Loading...