Monday, July 12, 2004

some old thoughts...circa 1999

Just as the devil has many faces, I've seen many places
And I’ve got no more patience for our total complacence
All I hate is these racists who still believe in races
Just labels to divide and displace us
Make us reactionary like acids and bases
An if you don't like my looks, then avert your faces
Cause I got this light skin but a darker flow
An I don't need religion cause there's truth in my soul
My life's education worth more than ice and gold
I've learnt that salvation can't be bought or sold
Sometimes my love feels frozen and cold
Then all I really need is to pack a bowl
My mind is young, but my spirit's old
I've forgotten everything that I've ever been told
Now all I know is how to rock a show
With some wicked prose, It's the path I chose
Because when I speak is when I feel relief
Which strengthens my belief that we're all just love thieves
Stealing that feeling from whoever we can
Trying to find our places in this master plan
My eyes aren't new by now they've seen plenty
Just like pride has bent me and hate has spent me
I'm so sorry you leant me your heart...
But you had mine right from the start
I was so scared of being bored
Til I got bored of being scared
I sold the devil my soul and
So now I use my father's instead
Back when I lost him
it was like I lost my twin
Castor and Pollux
So I didn’t know where to begin
I thought I'd wander in sin
Break before I bend
Die before I spend
My life not lived by
the rules
I’ve tried so hard
not to forget

No comments:

News

Loading...