Friday, July 23, 2004

Yo soy el muerte...si te escapas...sera pura suerte

coincidences...I've definitely been trying to better attend them.  First, a few weeks ago Cosso is talking story in the morning at work about how hot it was the night before and tossing and turning trying to get cool and KNEEING his girl in the back and her waking him up yelling, "what the hell did you do that for!?!"  It was hot that night and I remembered tossing and turning a little myself and damn everyone knows how hard it is to keep cool on those rare hot summer nights in SF without no fans or AC.  OK...I get home and I'm smoking on the porch with April and talking story...Not really the most interesting day I've ever had so I start telling Cosso's story.  April's eyes go big and she almost drops her cigarette...turns out I had KNEED her in the back last night too.  I just sleep a little deeper than Cosso and she couldn't have woke  me up unless she kneed me back... so, gracefully, she went back to sleep.  Weird, yes.  Significant? ?...no idea.

Now back to present day...two weeks later...I'm getting excited about the masonic picnic April and I are going to tomorrow.  Reading up on the history according to Manly P. Hall and really digging his p.o.v. esoterically speaking that is..connecting the dots between ancient mystery schools of Egypt, Greece and Rome and the craft.  A few at the lodge don't like Mr. Hall and a few recommend him.   I definitely plan on reading The Lost Keys of Freemasonry before I undertake any degree ritual.  He supposedly wrote that before he was 21 and without ever belonging to any lodge and in it details blue lodge masonry and the allegory and symbolism behind the first three degree rituals.  Whoa...way off track.  So, I'm perusing Hall's organization website:(http://www.prs.org/mphbio.htm)
and I see this book by him:
ADVENTURES IN UNDERSTANDING
which trips some sort of alarm in my head and I run over to my bookshelf to see my very own copy of JOURNEY IN TRUTH by Manly P. Hall.  At first I have no idea how that book got on my shelf when I was so desperate to read something by him just a few seconds before.  Physical manifestation of thelemic will?  Naw...I got it as a bithday present from Nicole when I was working as a YMCA camp counselor in Wilmington, NC one summer.   She msut have known I would need it some day.  Coincidences...now I'm starting to pay more attention.


No comments:

News

Loading...