Saturday, July 10, 2004

To all the librarians in Wilmington, NC...

August 9, 2001

Dear Librarians,

I am composing this letter in an effort to apologize for my actions in the Wilmington Public Library on July 20th. While I can replace neither the time nor energy you were forced to expend due to my behavior that day, I do hope you will accept my apology for the trauma I caused you by asking you to reprint those job listings that had the phone numbers cut off.

A public service job requires one to be patient and accommodating to patrons, but now I realize that I, too, am charged with the responsibility of being understanding when you believe circumstances are out of your control. In addition I would like to apologize for questioning your competency and becoming agitated when your responses were not to my satisfaction. While patience has never been one of my strongest suites, this hellish experience at the hands of your comrades at the Wilmington PD will remind me to make a more concerted effort to do so in the future.

Again, I extend my sincerest apologies for violating your policies, as well as the interruption in your demanding work responsibilities at the library. I appreciate your consideration and hope you will find it somewhere in your hearts to forgive me when you feel ready.

Humbled by the grace of god(...and those billyclubs),

Jonathon Michael Jacob

No comments:

News

Loading...